March 20, 2018, Valencia, CA. Today, Schiit Audio announced the introduction of its third-generation Lyr headphone amp/preamp. Using Schiit’s new Coherence™ hybrid single-tube/solid state architecture, new Continuity™ constant-transconductance output stage, the same modular design as Jotunheim, Lyr 3 is a significant advance in technology, versatility, and convenience. Lyr 3 is available now at schiit.com, starting at $499.
“This is a clean-sheet design,” said Jason Stoddard, Schiit’s Co-Founder. “Modularity means you can use the same cards as Jotunheim to create a single-box amp/DAC or amp/phono that’s very desktop friendly. But it’s a whole lot more than that. We developed a new tube/bipolar hybrid topology that we’re calling Coherence™, for the seamless way the tube and transistor work together. We also developed a constant-transconductance output stage, which we’re calling Continuity™, to address the most fundamental issue with a Class AB amplifier—and bring it closer to Class A performance.”
In addition to being a technology showcase, Lyr 3 is a versatile, powerful, and convenient solution for desktop listening via headphones and powered monitors.
- Versatile: Lyr 3 can be configured with a Multibit DAC, a AK4490 DAC, a phono preamp module, or with no module at all, so it can be tailored to the customers’ specific needs. In addition, Lyr 3 can be converted from a hybrid design to an all-solid-state amp by using Schiit’s Octal LISST (a solid-state tube product.)
- Powerful: Lyr 3 delivers its full 6W RMS of power at 32 ohms via the single-ended headphone jack, so there’s no need for balanced connections for high power.
- Convenient: Lyr 3 uses only a single tube, which means lower tube costs and no need for matched tube pairs.
The Lyr 3, the Multibit DAC, the 4490 DAC, and the phono preamp module are all available now at Schiit.com, together with tube and solid state gain options.
- Lyr 3: $499
- Lyr 3 with AK4490 DAC or Phono Preamp: $599
- Lyr 3 with Multibit: $699
- Upgrade to new-production Tung-Sol Tubes: $25
- Add LISST (solid state tube): $45
About Schiit Audio
Founded in June 2010 by Jason Stoddard and Mike Moffat, Schiit has grown into a leader in affordable high-end audio, with a wide range of products spanning DACs, headphone amplifiers, and preamplifiers, from $49 to $2399.
Denise Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org